E-STEAM: Equality in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics
Erasmus Project 2018-1-PT01-KA201-047422
Description of the Project
EIGE’s study on the economic benefits of gender equality (2017) shows that reducing gender segregation in STEM education alone could lead to an additional 1.2 million jobs in the EU. These jobs are estimated to occur mostly in the long term, however, as employment is likely to be affected only after new women STEM graduates choose to work in the STEM fields. In parallel, higher productivity associated with these STEM jobs is likely to result in higher wages for newly graduated women – affecting the gender pay gap as well as income and living standards of women, men, children and their extended families (European Parliament, 2015).
The project aims to:
- establish synergies among schools and the labour market towards creative and meaningful engagement of girls in STEAM education (through a mentoring programme)
- develop a virtual platform as a resource hub for practical and innovative learning solutions complementing schools’ curricula
- exploit and disseminate personalised activities by promoting the use of the platform
The project will target 3 groups:
- Teachers in Primary, Junior and Upper secondary (VET & non-VET) education and especially teachers in STE(A)M, career advisors;
- Decision makers, Policy formulators, Head teachers, school directors, teacher' training centres, representatives of regional/national and EU authorities.
- Students/pupils 7+ (to engage more girls in STEAM careers).
Silves Schools Group (AES)
The Silves Schools Group (AES) was created on July 3rd, 2012 with 13 schools being part of it (currently 12): four Kindergartens, six 1st Cycle Schools, two 2nd and 3rd cycles Schools and one Secondary School – ESS (Head school).
Leonardo da Vinci First Private School is a well-recognized educational institution in the district of Ruse, Bulgaria. At our kindergarten, primary and secondary schools we provide educational services to students from the age of 2,5 to 19. The school is situated in the center of town.
The Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (iED) is a research organization committed to the promotion of innovation and the enhancement of the entrepreneurial spirit. By recognizing entrepreneurship as a crucial factor for the development and cohesion of societies, we develop research and are in a position to provide innovative solutions that facilitate the growth of healthy entrepreneurship and promote employment.
The Foundation Universitat Jaume I Empresa of Castellón, Valencian community (Spain), is promoted by the University, the Social Council of the University and the Confederación de Empresarios de Castellón (CEC) (Employer Association of Castellón). Nowadays, FUE-UJI is composed of 16 employees.
“Dimitrie Cantemir” University (DCU) was founded with feeling and conviction that Romania and its people, can and deserve to live up to the level of life and civilization of the most well developed countries in the world.
Professional Foundation is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit foundation, established in 1998 with a view to promoting high quality in education, intercultural tolerance and appreciation, life-long learning, human rights, social inclusion, fight against poverty and discrimination.